Cybersecurity | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Manager, Cybersecurity!
This role is responsible for the success of Cybersecurity initiatives, with a focus on best practices management of security systems, appliances, intrusion detection, security devices, and training tasks to enable users to maximize productivity with security practices. We are looking for a role your sleeves up info-sec guru who can speak Tech and Business with the best of them!
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible to:
- Work closely with DevOps, Software Engineering, and Corp IT teams to develop and articulate application, service, and infrastructure security requirements, standards, and guidelines
- Deploy and manage security infrastructure, including SIEM, vulnerability scanning, application scanning, centralized logging, and encryption platforms
- Provide comprehensive monitoring of all technical controls, including MFA, SSO, NAC, PKI, KMS, DDOS, and IAM
- Maintain knowledge of financial industry trends, current security issues, security best practices, and new security technologies
- Build, deploy, and track security measurements for our computer systems and networks
- Design infrastructure to alert the appropriate teams of detected vulnerabilities and intrusion attempts
- Implement solutions that arise from vulnerability scans
- Research and analyze products to improve security and stability
- Recommend, monitor, test, and report on the state of security controls and infrastructure
- Create and participate in incident response process
- Work with internal and external audit teams to deliver timely responses and data collection requests for vulnerability or risk assessments and penetration testing
- Develop, document, and implement security policies based on industry best practices
- Provide day-to-day management and leadership of the Cybersecurity team
You bring to the table your:
- BS in Computer Science, engineering, security related area or equivalent
- 7 years of relevant experience, including at least 3 years directly supervising others
- Strong experience in Linux systems administration
- Expertise deploying and managing security infrastructure, SIEM, vulnerability scanning, application scanning, centralized logging, and encryption platforms
- Knowledge of PCI/DSS, Sox, HIPPA, FISA, or similar
- Experience in monitoring of all technical controls, including MFA, SSO, NAC, PKI, KMS, DDOS, and IAM
- Deep understanding of security considerations for web-based services in a mixed environment that includes Linux, Windows, VMs, Docker containers, and Kubernetes orchestration
- Knowledge of computer forensics, including determining the source of an incident and preserving evidence
- Thorough understanding of network topologies, protocols including SMB and TLS, firewalls, ACLs, and VPNs
- Expertise with Windows security topics, including Active Directory; OS, patch, and system management; VDI; and malware protection
- Hands-on experience with security testing tools, such as Metasploit, Wireshark, Nessus, nmap, etc.
- Experience with threat and vulnerability assessments
- Prior experience building coordination across tech, product, and operations teams
- Experience working in 24/7 operational HA environment
- Prior experience implementing, managing, and enforcing technology security policy and procedures
- High degree of independence and exceptional work ethic
- Team player attitude, with a solution-oriented mindset
Additional considerations, include:
- Strong knowledge of AWS or other cloud environments
- CISSP, GIAC, CEH certifications
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Work from Home Fridays!
- Dynamic, stimulating, and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary and plus bonus
*Please note, Verifi is located in Los Angeles, however at present is in a work from home environment