Full Stack Software Engineer - Contractor
Software Development | Los Angeles, CA | Contract
Verifi, Inc. a Visa Company, is currently hiring for Full Stack Software Engineers, in a project contractor role!
This contractor will be part of our Visa/Verifi Product Development team to help design, enhance and build capabilities on dispute management engine in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be part of teams tasked with multiple projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within days, to then be used by a huge customer.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with securing the code base through fixing remediation security findings
- Using technologies that include PHP, Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more
- Analyzing business requirements and architecting a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution
- Framework enhancements, architecture, technologies, workflows, design and usability applications
You bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2+ years of Software Development experience
- Expert experience with designing and building large scale enterprise PHP applications
- Experience with Drupal is ideal
- Experience securing PHP applications and understand filtering untainting input and other PHP security concepts
- Successful track record with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container-based technologies
- Prior experience migrating code from PHP 5 to 7
- Proven ability with front-end technologies and understand XSS/CORS
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Crucible, Sonar, Junit
- Experience exercising independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor and the ability to work independently & manage one’s time
- Skilled in seeing and understanding the big picture, with the ability to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
- A strong work ethic and goal-oriented mentality
- A passion for working with people and striving to improve our products and services
- Strong debugging and Unix skills to help support our Operations teams
- A background in the financial technology domain and MySQL is a plus
*Please note, the position is Temp for initially 9 months, with the possibility to extend further.
**Verifi is located in Los Angeles, however at present is in a work from home environment