Enterprise Solutions Architect
Software Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Enterprise Solutions Architect!
You will be responsible for advancing the architecture of our solutions and systems so that they are scalable, reliable, global, and highly performant.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leader in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
High level job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Gain deep understanding of domain and industry best practices to develop technical vision and strategy in order to function as an Enterprise Architect
- Creating and maintaining the architectural roadmap for our suite of products and systems
- Playing a key role in the solution design process with our technology and product teams especially with respect to architectural designs and decisions
- Review solution designs to determine their technical viability and their relevance to the business goals
- Mentoring engineering team leads and junior architects
- Being the champion for continuous but pragmatic improvements of our existing products and best practices for all new development
- Identifying, communicating, and prioritizing areas of technological risk in our existing solutions and proposing solutions for them
- Establishing and publishing technical standards for design patterns and coding practices
- Ensuring that our products continue to support our business objectives and projected growth in terms of capacity, scalability, redundancy, and global accessibility
- Develop strong partnership with business, product and engineering leaders to define technology architecture
- Effectively communicate technology strategies and trade-offs both up to senior and executive management and down to development teams
This role requires recent expert-level proficiency with a majority of the following:
- Java development including the Spring framework
- Designing web services, middleware, back end applications, and database connectivity for highly-scalable, fault-tolerant, multi-datacenter solutions
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Internationalization and localization from the data model through the front end
- Deployment tradeoffs and considerations involving bare metal, VMs, containers, physical data centers, and cloud options
- Highly-performant and reliable MySQL database setups
- HA and fault-tolerant infrastructure design
- Monitoring, logging, alerting, and visibility solutions
You will bring to the table your:
- BS in Computer Science; Masters or Ph.D. preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an architect role for highly-scalable, reliable systems with scope that includes both infrastructure and applications
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching of technical personnel
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with both highly-technical teams and non-technical business leaders
- Ability to produce and review high-quality technical documentation, reports, and diagrams
- SDLC, Agile, and Scrum experience
- A knack for troubleshooting and quickly solving issues in complex systems
- Visible passion for technology and excellent technical architecture
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options