Product | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a user-centric, data-driven, results-oriented experienced Director of Product!
This is an opportunity for you to own key aspects of the product and have a real impact on the users we serve. You will play a critical role in our growing team. This is a great opportunity for you to join a fast-moving FinTech company and craft the direction of the product by working directly with the VP of Product and a high-performing team of product managers, designers and engineers.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that embraces interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company's success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our innovative and disruptive position in the payments space. And you will do all this while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
We're looking for a thoughtful, product leader who can scale as Verifi scales. Our first principle to product management is "curation, not creation". We don't want product managers to create a roadmap in a vacuum. We take a listening-first approach by reaching out to stakeholders and curating their feedback into a roadmap. An empathetic, learning-oriented leader will thrive in this environment.
Join Verifi and you join the leading provider of solutions in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
High level job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Own features from conception to launch, working with our design, engineering and QA teams to deliver improvements to our product
- Oversee feature prioritization for the team, and keep the initiatives running on time within an agile development environment
- Develop a deep understanding of user behavior and product metrics, looking for ways to improve key product metrics and our user experience
- Help establish a structured approach to user research in our product development process
- Collaborate with our marketing, relationship managers and operations teams to coordinate significant product launches
- Set and meet daring goals for yourself and the team
- Coach and mentor more junior product managers and designers, helping them develop in their careers.
- Work directly with our VP of Product to shape the long-term product and business direction
- Guide the product roadmap with a specific emphasis on prioritizing automation, providing clear ROI to customers and defining sustainable competitive differentiation
- Work with CX and UX design to create an intuitive and engaging customer experience
- Collaborate with key constituents (customers, prospects, relationship managers) to validate product direction and roadmap
- Provide ongoing visibility to the VP of Product and the CPO
- Actively contribute to technology selections and product architectural direction
Required qualifications include:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in product management, with 2+ years in a leadership role
- Experience within a start-up environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build scale a SaaS platform and developing and bringing to market new software products
- Creativity and knowledge in all areas of UX and product management including the ability to conceptualize, develop and implement innovative features and solutions
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- Consistent track record of developing products with best-in-class customer experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience coordinating with Compliance/Info-Sec in a highly-regulated industry with routine audits, preferably PCI-DSS.
- Strong project management skills, and willingness/ability to own key parts of the product, end-to-end
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Technical aptitude - through education or experience, it's important that you can work closely with engineers to evaluate different approaches to implementing product features, weighing cost/benefit tradeoffs
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Payments / Ecommerce experience in a B2B space.
- Experienced with the agile development process grounded in metrics and user data
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Work from home Fridays.
- Dynamic, stimulating, and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
- Paid parking and complimentary food.
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company.
- Energized employment filled with activities and events.
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus