Product | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa Company, is currently hiring for a user-centric, data-driven, results-oriented Director of Product!
We're looking for a thoughtful, product leader who can scale as Verifi scales. Our first principle to product management is "curation, not creation". We don't want product managers to create a roadmap in a vacuum. We take a listening-first approach by reaching out to stakeholders and curating their feedback into a roadmap. An empathetic, learning-oriented leader will thrive in this environment.
This is an opportunity for you to own key aspects of multiple products and have a real impact on the users we serve. You will play a critical role in our growing team, join a fast-moving FinTech company that is now part of VISA and craft the direction of the product by working directly with the VP of Product and a high-performing team of product managers, designers and engineers.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that embraces interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company's success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our innovative and disruptive position in the payments space as part of VISA. And you will do all this while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading provider of solutions in the eCommerce marketplace for payment risk and dispute management.
High level job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Setting the long-term vision and strategy for your product suite and communicate this strategy to all the relevant participants and stakeholders.
- Guiding the product roadmap with a specific emphasis on prioritizing automation, providing clear ROI to customers and defining sustainable competitive differentiation ensuring alignment with key constituents
- Driving the evolution of our core product platforms by combining products across Verifi & VISA to support new use cases, new clients, and new dispute flows suitable for our Sellers & Resellers and working with the VP, Product to shape the long-term product/business direction
- Performing research and analysis to identify key areas in which Verifi/Visa can develop and deploy enhanced capabilities to our issuing clients to accelerate the growth of Verifi/Visa pre-dispute management product
- Leading your team of product managers in building effective product requirement artifacts including BRDs, PRDs, Journey Map User Stories and setting and meeting push goals
- Owning product capabilities & features from conception to launch, working with our design, engineering and QA teams to deliver improvements to our product UI and APIs
- Overseeing feature prioritization for the team, and keep the initiatives running on time within an agile development environment
- Developing a deep understanding of user behavior and product metrics, looking for ways to improve key product metrics and our user experience
- Helping establish a structured approach to user research in our product development process
- Collaborating with our marketing, relationship managers and operations teams to coordinate significant product launches
- Coaching and mentoring your team in career development
- Working with CX and UX design to create an intuitive and engaging customer experience
- Providing ongoing visibility to the VP of Product and the CPO
- Actively contributing to technology selections and product architectural direction including definitions of APIs to scale usage and acquisition
- Leading and supporting other strategic projects as needed
Required qualifications include:
- 7+ years of progressive experience in product management, with 2+ years in a leadership role
- Experience within a start-up environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build scale a SaaS platform and developing and bringing to market new software products
- Creativity and knowledge in all areas of UX and product management including the ability to conceptualize, develop and implement innovative features and solutions
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- Consistent track record of developing products with best-in-class customer experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience coordinating with Compliance/Info-Sec in a highly regulated industry with routine audits.
- Strong project management skills, and willingness/ability to own key parts of the product, end-to-end
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Technical aptitude - through education or experience, it's important that you can work closely with engineers to evaluate different approaches to implementing product features, weighing cost/benefit tradeoffs especially for developer APIs that we expose to our Sellers & Resellers for integration
- Bachelors Degree in STEM, Finance or Economics preferred
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Payments / eCommerce experience in a B2B space.
- Experienced with the agile development process grounded in metrics and user data
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Work from home Fridays!
- Dynamic, stimulating, and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
- Paid parking and complimentary food.
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company.
- Energized employment filled with activities and events.
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus
Want to learn more about the best practices Verifi's Engineering team uses to conduct code reviews, check out this exciting article: Code Review Matters