Director, People Development
People Operations | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and innovative Director, People Development!
The Director, People Development, reports directly to the VP, People Operations in a 250+ employee company and will provide operational leadership across the entire people development life cycle and will partner with Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, and Office Services to ensure a stellar employee experience.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing a detailed understanding of the business – departments, jobs and processes
- Building rapport with functional leaders to develop and lead value-added people development strategies to enable Verifi to thrive and grow
- Assessing current state of people development services and programs, developing strategies and implementing plans to meet needs of growing environment; including: performance management, employee engagement, leadership development, talent development, succession planning
- Addressing employee relations issues, promoting positive communication, counseling employees, coaching leadership, conducting investigations and facilitating conflict resolution
- Understanding and championing Verifi’s culture and assessing competitiveness and effectiveness of events and programs against market/industry/companies.
- Maintaining compliance with employment regulations across multiple states and countries, providing information and education programs to the workforce about such employment compliance topics as employment and pay equity, disability accommodations, respect in the workplace, etc.
- Supervising and leading the team members including HRIS administration, Employee Experience, and Learning & Development, driving for excellence across the team
You will most recently have been the one person show owning HR soup to nuts in a small multi-state company and interested to join a larger team or a division HRBP in a larger company interested in having an impact in a medium company.
You bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of progressively more responsible positions in human resources
- Proven experience as “go to resource” for all employees as it pertains to human resources within the business
- Knowledge in human resources principles, technique, and procedures as well as applicable employee related regulations
- Prior experience leading, supervising a team
- Previous experience driving change management for people development initiatives in performance management, talent development, and/or leadership development
- Experience building and integrating people systems, processes, tools to optimize organizational effectiveness, in a geographically complex environment
- Resilience and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, competitive environment, with a mix of exempt and non-exempt personnel
- Exceptional consulting, coaching, and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to inspire confidence and credibility at all levels in the organization
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience in small to large companies
You might also have but it is not required:
- MBA in Human Resources Management or related field
- Leadership Coaching Certification
- Fintech, SAAS, tech, or similar industry
- Global experience
- Payroll supervision
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options