Desktop Security Patching Administrator - Contractor
Information Technology | Los Angeles, CA | Temporary
Verifi, Inc. a Visa Company, is currently hiring for a Desktop Support Administrator with a strong emphasis on patching deployment and security vulnerabilities remediation, in a project contractor role!
This contractor will act as an internal technical resource with the primary focus of supporting and improving the patch management and security vulnerability remediation procedures at Verifi within a Mac OS & Windows based environment.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Assessing vulnerability and patch information from multiple external and internal sources
- Executing Patching and configuration updates across Windows and Mac Platforms
- Automating Patching Deployments and vulnerability remediation
- Working closely with the Infosec and Compliance Teams to ensure needed identified security remediations are implemented in a timely manner
- Managing a timeline of deliverables, including measurements of success & real-time analysis of the impact being provided
- Generating automated reports and ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Analyzing existing Patch Management Infrastructure to improve it and identify misused resources
- Maintaining and update Patch Management Processes and documentation
- Occasionally interfacing with outside vendors, third party support teams, and various external resources to accomplish aspects of projects provided by leadership
- Participating in Change Control Board meetings to discuss patching impact considerations
- Assisting with desktop/laptop rollout including creation of images and system validation to ensure desktops laptops are rolled out with updated OS patching and security vulnerabilities already remediated
- Additional duties as needed
You bring to the table:
- 4+ years of experience as a Desktop Support Administrator assessing vulnerability and remediating/patching systems in an Enterprise Environment
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft patch installation and troubleshooting mechanisms
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and advance understanding of Group Policy Administration
- Deep understanding and fluency in supporting Windows & MacOS environments including experience with systems management platforms
- Experience with software packaging and deployment tools
- Prior experience working closely with Infosec/Compliance to identify security remediations, participating in Change Control Board meetings and managing timelines of deliverables
- Strong background with PowerShell scripting and generating automated reports, including ad-hoc reporting
- Experience automating patch deployments using tools such as WSUS, SCCM, KACE, SolarWinds Patch Manager, Manage Engine Desktop Central or other Patch Deployment Tools
- Ability to analyze/improve existing Patch Management Infrastructure and collaborate with both internal and external resources on various projects
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection or another Enterprise Level Endpoint Protection Tool
- Experience with desktop/laptop rollout including creation of images and system validation to ensure desktops laptops are rolled out with updated OS patching and security vulnerabilities already remediated
Additional experience that will set you apart, but not required:
- Working knowledge of Manage Engine Desktop Central and Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Hands on experience with VPN technology (Pulse preferred)
- Working knowledge of Splunk
*Please note, the position is Temp for initially 9 months, with the possibility to extend further.
**Verifi is located in Los Angeles, however at present is in a work from home environment