Cybersecurity Compliance Specialist - Contractor
Cybersecurity | Los Angeles, CA | Temporary
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Cybersecurity Compliance Specialist - Contractor to join our company!
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our culture. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in ecommerce payment and risk management solutions. We’ve made it our priority to create a top-tier Governance, Risk & Compliance function, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.
We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cybersecurity. We’ll equip you with the very best tools so that you can deliver top notch results.
Continuous self-development underpins job fulfilment at Verifi. As a Cybersecurity Compliance Specialist – Contractor you’ll be enthused by getting stuck into a varied set of technology and business led-project as well as the chance to work with top notch professionals to learn with and from.
To proactively manage Cybersecurity risk for the business within risk appetite and maintaining internal and external compliance. We accomplish this through defining and driving assurance of Verifi’s Cybersecurity policy and standards, ensuring that we balance our Cybersecurity risk with the growing business and there is appropriate governance oversight.
- Drive second line governance and oversight across cybersecurity and other Verifi business units
- Proactively evaluate and report on our security posture to ensure continuous risk management
- Ensure we evolve and maintain our internal and external compliance
- “Connecting the dots” internally and externally
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- As a member of the Verifi Cybersecurity team this role will be responsible for providing expert support to deliver Cybersecurity Compliance activity to meeting both internal and external requirements and frameworks
- Direct ownership and accountability for procedures and controls to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory, audit, and security best practices
- Take specific ownership of the Cybersecurity actions resulting from internal and external audit and compliance activity – facilitate interaction between the relevant Cybersecurity teams from issue identification through to evidence collection and issue close out
- Evaluate plans and evidence artifacts to validate accuracy and appropriateness for issue close out applying technical skills and prior experience
- Provide oversight for self-assessment and readiness programs for Cybersecurity systems and processes
- Partner with SMEs and stakeholders such as Internal Audit, Global Compliance, and Enterprise Risk to identify, remediate, and track Cybersecurity issues
- Manage communication and feedback to SME’s to close compliance gaps where identified
- Understand the audit lifecycle processes followed and adapt accordingly
- Be able to provide support to the broader GRC vision and mission
- Accommodate ad-hoc activities in support of the ongoing internal and external audit and provide support if requested for other internal or external compliance activity
You bring to the table your:
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Cybersecurity experience in a relevant industry - Sound knowledge and experience of information security related technologies and practices
- Experience in IT Governance, Risk and Compliance function with an emphasis on technology
- Relevant and extensive experience in evaluating technology and/or security controls in Information System Audit (with exposure to wide range of Internal and External Audit) preferably for financial and/or technology companies or Big 4 consulting
- Solid understanding and experience in conducting audits and assessments
- Adaptable by nature with the ability to pick-up and understand unfamiliar technologies and concepts for discussion with technology and business team
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multi-tasking among concurrent activities and frequent change of priorities
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a global organization with the need to deliver to regional requirements
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible. Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in 24/7 operational environments
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Additional considerations, include:
- CISM, CISSP, CISMA, CISA and auditing qualifications desirable
- Available for after-hours and weekend on-call if needed; periodic travel may be required
*Please note, the position is Temporary for initially 6 months, with the possibility to extend further
**Position will be located in our Los Angeles office, however at present is in a work from home environment