Chief Marketing Officer
Marketing | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, has an opportunity available for an inspiring leader to take the reigns of all aspects and facets of the marketing strategy for the company. Our SVP, Chief Marketing Officer will report directly to our Chief Executive Officer and partner with the executive team to drive growth and engagement in our product lines.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
This position will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the design, development, and implementation of a global marketing strategy and effective marketing campaigns for all aspects and facets of the company.
- Leading and developing a world class department that supports all facets of marketing including content, channel, digital, driving improvements, supporting ROI and empowered to exceed expected performance.
- Partnering closely with Revenue, Product and customer-facing teams to support a consistent brand message that is innovative and inspiring, creating sales enablement content as well as value proposition for product portfolio
- Driving thought leadership, demand generation and positioning, ensuring Verifi’s competitive advantage through targeted regionalized assets, tradeshows and events, public relations, etc.
- Monitor the marketplace for competitive moves, establishing subject matter expertise, including knowledge of the rapidly evolving payments industry, leveraging knowledge to remain innovative and pro-active with our marketing message through competitive analysis
- Creating, presenting and managing the annual marketing plan and budget.
- Building collaborative partnerships with colleagues, i.e. product, revenue, client relations, legal, people ops, etc. on various marketing initiatives
The successful candidate will be a leader who has:
- An entrepreneurial charismatic spirit who has proven experience being innovative, willing to test new ideas, disrupting the market and thinking outside the box being comfortable voicing your opinion even if it seems to stray from the status quo
- Previously demonstrated ability to empower and invigorate not only their team but the entire company, maintaining a balance between executive partnership and its influence on the overall direction of the marketing department.
- A proven track record in successfully leading all things marketing and executing on strategy within a B2B fast-paced global environment growing from $30M - $100M
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and persuasively, whether verbally, written and/or public forums
- Previous success utilizing their extensive knowledge in a variety of disciplines, deep marketing expertise, external market factors, and marketing analytics to drive marketing initiatives
- Ability to apply effective marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media, specialized media resources, targeted mailing) and non-digital channels;
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Business; MBA is a plus
- In-house marketing experience with at least 10 years leading marketing in the payments or fintech industry developing B2B SAAS products, as CMO/SVP/VP/Head of Marketing