Business Intelligence Developer
Business Analytics | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Business Intelligence Developer!
As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will be responsible for the planning, design, and implementation of the infrastructure used as the foundation for the development of reports, dashboards, and alerts that are used to provide answers posed by business units and promote data driven decision making.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Design, Develop and Maintain Microsoft Analysis Services Cubes (Tabular and Multi-Dimensional) that will be used to develop reports in various end points (BI Tool, Power Pivot, SSRS).
- Participate in the design, development, and maintenance of the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Work with business stakeholders to define KPIs that will help them in answering business questions.
- Design reports and dashboards that can be utilized by end users to answers business questions with a focus on visualizations that simply the complex.
- Develop reports using a number of technologies including our BI Tool (Pyramid BI Office), T-SQL Stored Procedures, Excel, and SSRS.
- Investigate new data sources and create design for integrating them with existing data.
- Investigate, identify, and address data quality issues by reviewing and analyzing data. Develop alerts to continually monitor for anomalies, and set up processes to address these issues proactively.
- Provide support in the configuration and maintenance of components of Microsoft SQL Server Stack including patching, user/security administration, partitioning and backup strategies.
You bring to the table your:
- BA/BS in Analytics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or similar field; 5+ years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Expert in DAX
- Proficient in MDX
- Proficient in relational database concepts and SQL development (T-SQL)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with dimensional modeling (Kimball Methodology)
- Proficient in using Excel (Power Pivot, Advanced Formulas, VBA)
- Experience with administration of Microsoft SQL Server Environment
- Intermediate understanding of descriptive and inferential statistics and advanced knowledge of analytical concepts.
- Experience with JSON, XMLA, BIDS, Python, R, SAS a plus
- Familiarity with Pyramid Analytics BI Office, Attunity Replicate, Wherescape Red is a plus
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options