Business Intelligence Analyst
Analytics | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Business Intelligence Analyst!
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be responsible for the design and development of reports, dashboards, and alerts that will be used to provide answers to questions posed by business and promote data driven decision making.
Additionally, you will be responsible for working with business users to understand their data related questions, and providing “answers” in the form of an analysis that organizes the data into a story which illustrates the conclusions that can be drawn.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and delivering reports and dashboards for assigned subject area(s).
- Responding to recurring and ad hoc requests from clients by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data, and communicating the relevant results,
- Organizing data into a format that tells a story to answer business questions and leading with minimal supervision the presentation of that data to a management level audience.
- Providing expert level advice and educating stakeholders on the “correct” way to use and interpret data.
- Collaborating with Business Intelligence Developers by gathering requirements and supporting details needed to facilitate initiatives to incorporate new data requested by the business into the Data Warehouse.
- Partnering with business stakeholders on KPI’s related to the assigned subject area(s).
- Identifying, investigating, and addressing data quality issues by reviewing and analyzing data and developing alerts to continually monitor for anomalies.
- Other tasks as assigned
You bring to the table your:
- BA/BS in Analytics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or similar field; 2+ years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Expert level knowledge in using Excel (Advanced Formulas, Effective Use of Data Visualizations, Power Pivot, VBA)
- Proficiency in relational database concepts and SQL development (T-SQL)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate understanding of descriptive and inferential statistics and advanced knowledge of analytical concepts
- Experience with DAX, MDX, dimensional modeling (Kimball Methodology), JSON, XMLA, BIDS, Python, R, SAS, Tableau, Pyramid Analytics, Attunity Replicate, Wherescape Red a plus
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options