Quality Assurance Engineer
Engineering | Portland, OR
Simply put, VendScreen equips vending machines with Android-based smart devices and connects them to the Internet wirelessly. This allows Operators to leverage this leading edge setup for a variety of applications that builds value for Users, Operators and Advertisers.
VendScreen personalizes the vending experience while utilizing the intuitive ‘Touch & Swipe’ user interface already familiar to millions of people using smart phones and other touch screen devices every day, so our users gain rich information and interactive services without the hassle of a new learning curve.
VendScreen wirelessly delivers nutrition data and advertising to displays mounted on vending machines while collecting real-time, point-of-sale information for analytics tracking. We give users the ability to review nutrition information prior to purchase while providing operators a seamless and automatic system to comply with the new calorie disclosure law. We offer advertisers uncluttered access to a two-way connection with consumers in a manner previously not possible – at the vending machine at the very moment of the purchase decision!
VendScreen is looking to hire test developers and SQL engineers who can continuously anticipate and prepare for the worst, while actively helping to improve our products – basically White Box QA Developers with a history of preventing and solving problems. The selected candidates will be an integral member of our operations and engineering teams, bridging the teams by defining our testing strategies and utilizing your development skills to implement and automate a wide variety of testing across multiple platforms. We are looking for someone with the desire to tear systems apart and force them to the point of failure so that we can build a better product.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Track record of success using all types of white box testing
- Set up a test automation environment for those areas that need it
- Hands on development experience and no problem jumping into the code (50/50 QA/Developer)
- Linux experience Experience testing and working with embedded devices and/or mobile platforms
- Python, Java, PHP SQL Databases (MySql)
- Web service and API level testing
- Strong communication skills and experience working in a team-based environment