Engineering | Portland, OR
This developer will design and implement a database structure to support VendScreen's innovative information products.
- Recommend a database structure that will scale to support 100,000 devices in the field
- Drive requirements gathering and write specifications for various data products and data integration projects.
- Provide query design and data transformations supporting data science activities.
- Analyze data structures and recommend improvements.
- Review requirements of software projects to determine the relevant data requirements.
- Deep knowledge of database development, management and architecture best practices
- Strong knowledge of database design patterns and models about highly available big data.
- Demonstrated expertise of at least one OLTP database, such as Oracle, MS SQL, Postgres, or MySQL is a must.
- Java development experience preferred
- Data mining experience a plus
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
VendScreen equips vending machines with an Android-based smart device. The device enables cashless transactions, delivers comprehensive nutritional information, offers an advertising platform, and provides real-time inventory management data. Supported with $12MM in funding commitments, the company is positioned for rapid growth leveraging today’s most innovative technologies in M2M, mobile computing, cashless payments, software-as-a-service platforms, digital media, and cloud-computing.