Software QA Engineer
Quality Engineering | Fremont, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temp to Perm
Velos Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation health care software. Velos provides an integrated suite of clinical, administrative, and financial products. Velos eResearch, the company's flagship product line, is a comprehensive clinical research management information system. Velos' specialty medical product line supports the information needs of health care providers in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, dialysis, and transplantation.
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer is an integral member of the Quality Engineering team, responsible for delivering high quality Velos products. Areas of focus for this position include: developing, modifying, and executing software test plans; developing and maintaining automation scripts; analyzing and writing test standards and procedures; maintaining documentation of results; and working closely with the Software Engineering team in resolving problems. The right candidates will be team players, detailed oriented, intelligent, able to effectively communicate with customers and internal teams, and able to work under strict time constraints. A strong desire for producing quality work is essential.
- Conducting manual and automated testing.
- Performing interface testing on interface engines such as HL7.
- Performing load testing and user simulations.
- Executing performance test plans, test cases, schedules, and cycles.
- Handling product verification at every stage of the software development life cycle and ensuring that reported defects are fixed in a timely manner.
- Developing new manual test cases, setting up performance testing tools, and writing automated test scripts for functional and performance testing purposes.
- Diagnosing, tracking, and providing suggestions to the Software Engineering team in order to resolve application performance issues and bottlenecks.
- Integrating new tests into existing test suites.
- Providing technical guidance to customer technical teams.
- Providing regular reports and updates on technical issues to team leadership.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in one or more scripting/programming languages such as Selenium, Java, or Perl.
- A strong understanding of software QA methodologies and software testing life cycles.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on simultaneous projects in a dynamic work environment.
- An ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams to meet aggressive goals and deliver quality results.
- An ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
- An ability to provide creative and innovative solutions for optimizing system performance.
- An ability to analyze and troubleshoot product defects.
- An ability to translate product requirements into test cases and automated test scripts.
- Willingness to travel 50% or more.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of software QA experience.
- Experience in performance testing of complex software systems.
- Experience in different phases of the software development life cycle.
- Clinical software experience is a large plus.
*Please include your resume and cover letter with the application.