Legal | Fremont, CA | Temporary and Internship
Velos Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation health care software. Velos provides an integrated suite of clinical, administrative, and financial products. Velos eResearch, the company's flagship product line, is a comprehensive clinical research management information system. Velos' specialty medical product line supports the information needs of health care providers in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, dialysis, and transplantation.
Velos is seeking a full-time Legal Intern for the Summer (and possibly beyond) to work with our legal team to complete a variety of legal and compliance projects. This is a paid internship where you will gain valuable exposure to the legal issues facing a seasoned software company as well as learn about the transactional side of legal practice. You work will be important in helping Velos improve its legal operations.
You will apply your understanding of contracts and other areas of law relevant to an online business to:
• Review legal documents
• Research and summarize statutory, regulatory, and compliance-related issues
• Assist in drafting internal company policies and external policies for our customers
• Compile and track legal team metrics
• Assist with the implementation of contract life-cycle management system and other legal and compliance projects
• Current ABA-accredited law school student
• Strong academic record
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• General understanding of contract law
• Great attention to detail
• Comfortable working in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
• Open minded; willing and eager to learn; natural inclination to explore and articulate