Junior Web Application Developer
Software Development | Fremont, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Velos Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation health care software. Velos provides an integrated suite of clinical, administrative, and financial products. Velos eResearch, the company's flagship product line, is a comprehensive clinical research management information system. Velos' specialty medical product line supports the information needs of health care providers in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, dialysis, and transplantation.
The Junior Web Application Developer will analyze requirements as well as design, code and unit test new features planned for Velos products and projects. The ideal candidate must be a quick learner who is self-motivated, energetic, and possess an exceptional desire to learn. The candidate must also possess strong skills in Java and knowledge in related technologies.
This position is ideal for candidates that are either graduating or have just graduated. Students looking for an Optional Practical Training (OPT) are also welcome.
- Participate in all phases of product development from definition and design through implementation, debugging, and testing
- Work closely with other developers on the team to find solutions for difficult problems
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong Core Java Skills
- Knowledge of Oracle database
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to work hard and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge and use of design patterns would be a plus
Education & Experience Required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
- 0-2 years of experience in web application development
- Any experience or familiarity with Java EE, JSP Web Services, XML processing, JMS, JMX is preferable