Clinical Project Manager
Professional Services | Fremont, CA | Full Time
Clinical Project Manager
Velos, Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation health care software based in Fremont, CA. Velos provides an integrated suite of research, clinical, administrative, and financial products. Velos eResearch, the company’s flagship product line, is a comprehensive clinical research management information system. Velos’s specialty medical product line supports the information needs of health care providers in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, dialysis, and transplantation.
A professional Clinical Project Manager provides clinical expertise in both implementation and post-implementation projects to ensure a successful conclusion for Velos customers. The Clinical Project Manager is an integral member of the Velos team as one of the most prominent public faces of Velos. The right candidate will be collaborative, results-oriented, self-motivated, willing to take initiative, seriously responsible, and will have excellent analytical and communication skills. The central duties associated with this position are laid out below:
- Lead or participate in scoping interviews; assist in creation of the project plan and scope through clear definition of user requirements, project task lists and time estimates.
- Perform workflow analysis
- Perform gap analysis and recommend solutions to bridge those gaps
- Create customer-specific specifications and ensure documents are published and kept current.
- Educate and guide customer’s project team and end-users on software configuration and front end functionality to ensure optimal results.
- Perform form and report customizations to conform to customer requirements.
- Consult with Velos subject experts as needed.
- Create training materials and perform Super User and End-User training.
- Manage day-to day customer interaction and customer expectations
- Internal methodology and documentation projects as assigned.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- This position is based in Fremont, CA. Travel to customer sites as needed.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience in a clinical or clinical research setting or equivalent experience in the healthcare software domain in a Professional Services or Implementation capacity.
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise and/or hosted software implementation with web applications, SOA, interfaces and/or other multi-system integration.
- Experience with implementation of web applications, interfaces (HL7, proprietary, etc), SOA.
- Experience with project management tools.
- Knowledge or understanding of the following is desired: Oracle 10g, Apache, Tomcat, Java, IE, Firefox, Windows 2003 Server, Linux, RAID, JBoss, SQL, SSL, hardware specifications and configuration.
- Understanding software implementation methodology or SDLC methodology.
- Excellent customer management skills
- Strong leadership
- Self-directed with a positive attitude, able to work both independently and as a member of a team under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, documentation, oral and written communication skills.