Project Management | Fremont, CA | Full Time
Velos Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation health care software. Velos provides an integrated suite of clinical, administrative, and financial products. Velos eResearch, the company's flagship product line, is a comprehensive clinical research management information system. Velos' specialty medical product line supports the information needs of health care providers in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, dialysis, and transplantation.
The Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for creating and refining business and systems requirements to address business opportunities and for formulating documentation to support the development and implementation of the technical solution. The Business Analyst serves as a liaison between business users and technology programmers to understand user needs and develop/maintain all required documentation and reports. This position calls for both technical experience and functional domain, including the Analysis processes. Additional requirement is a clear understanding of the importance of quality customer service.
• Acting as a liaison between the Information Technology group and the subject matter experts representing the business.
• Understanding the customer’s business needs and translating those needs into functional requirements and specifications.
• Representing the business perspective of a system or solution development project.
• Assisting the subject matter experts develop business processes and validate the processes against the system.
• Creating use cases, including wireframes and design documentation to represent the requirements for a large health care institution.
• Conducting detailed requirements gathering sessions for the business.
• Leading the analysis of current state and future state capabilities including user interface creation.
• Participating in the collection of the functional requirements and approval of the business requirements being delivered with the end solution.
Required Skills & Abilities
• Good problem solving and analytical skills.
• Experience in producing wireframes and design documentation.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to understand business requirements.
• Ability to maintain an overall business perspective while working on a detailed level.
• Working in a Team environment
• Travel, up to 100%
• Independent, with high energy and passion for completing tasks in timely order
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
• Experience as a Business Analyst – minimum of 3 years
• UML use case experience.
• Healthcare industry experience.