Senior Manager, Finance and Accounting
G&A, Finance | Remote - California/Washington | Full Time
Led by industry veterans with a track record of developing oncology drugs, VelosBio Inc. is committed to transforming the lives of patients with cancer by developing first-in-class ADC and bispecific antibody therapies targeting receptor tyrosine kinase-like orphan receptor 1.
VelosBio was founded in 2017 with sites in San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle and North Vancouver, Canada.
The Sr. Accounting and Finance Manager will have ownership of certain aspects of VelosBio’s accounting operations. In this role, you will have leadership and accountability and will be responsible for accurate financial reporting, and internal controls compliance. Additionally, you will oversee monthly accounting close, internal financial reporting, analyzing and interpreting financial data, and managing external consultants (tax, audit, etc.).
As the Sr. Accounting and Finance Manager you will be recommending and implementing changes to improve VelosBio’s processes, systems, and financial performance, as well as directing the activities of operational and financial projects from time to time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee, contribute and continuously identify ways to improve the monthly close, review and approval of journal entries and reconciliations, and prepare consolidated financial statements, while ensuring accurate and timely delivery of the reporting
- Manage and contribute to the financial audit process, collaborating and communicating with auditors, managing audit data room
- Provide compliance with auditing standards
- Develop the SOX control framework with VelosBio business partners and support the financial reporting process consistent with US GAAP
- Prepare journal entries, prepaids/accruals, and others as assigned; maintain and reconcile certain general ledger accounts
- Manage part of the Accounts Payable cycle, such as disbursements, new vendor set up, GL coding
- Prepare purchase orders for department managers and review agreement documents (MSA, SOW, proposal)
- Work within VelosBio’s preferred financial software (i.e: our ERP, Shareworks, Greenphire site payment process, etc.)
- Support preparation and analysis of the budget and forecasts
- Prepare PBC information for tax returns, 409A analysis, SVB, as needed
- May interpret vendor reports for department managers, perform other reconciliations,
like benefits, R&D vs G&A expenses, deferred rent/Lease agreement reconciliations
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the biotech industry including strategic finance/FP&A experience at a fast-growing organization
- Bachelor’s degree (or advanced degree) in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to mentor
- Command of excel, QuickBooks, and other financial software
- Ability to communicate to many different scientific disciplines
- Results-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful team player that excels in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Strong, analytical thinker focused on the optimization of VelosBio operating plans
Position Type and Work Environment
- This is a full-time position 40 hours per week. Expected days of work are Monday through Friday.
- This role can be located remotely from California or Washington.
- This job operates in a professional environment, working from home, utilizing conference call tools, and attending live staff meetings at some time in the future
- VelosBio Laboratory is located at:
- VelosBio, Inc. 11045 Roselle St Suite 130 San Diego CA 92121, we may have live staff meetings there
- Travel may be expected for this position
- Classification: Exempt
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.