Accounts Payable Clerk - Commercial Construction
Office | Ashburn, VA | Full Time
Well-established commercial general contractor seeks a full-time AP Clerk. A Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required. Construction accounting experience and/or Sage 300 experience is preferred.
The AP Clerk is responsible for managing accounts payable of a commercial general contractor. On a daily basis, the AP Clerk will record financial transactions, including cash payments, into the correct general ledger and verify accuracy. The AP Clerk will also be responsible for maintaining financial records, completing required tax forms and generating regular reports for upper management.
Experience working in Sage 300 (Timberline) and/or a commercial general contractor is preferred, but not required.
- Previous construction accounting experience preferred.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Sage 300/Timberline preferred
- Excellent accounting software user skills
- Proven working experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures (GAAP)
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good math/accounting skills
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills