Software Development manager
IT | New York, NY | Full Time
UtiliSave has a leadership opportunity in our IT Operations group for a manager to provide management and insight in the development of the central web-based IT systems used to support day to day business operations and provide our customer with business intelligence. This is a hands-on position requiring the management of development staff to support the IT need of the entire organization as well as an active development role in both major decision making and active coding. This position requires interfacing with both senior management and various in house functional groups. The candidate is expected to contribute to and influence management thinking about solving problems and make optimal trade off decisions between time, cost, and effectiveness of various technical solutions.
- Provide complete IT architecture and software development assessment, including but not limited to infrastructure, proprietary as well as third party software and existing resources
- Understand the business need of the organization and develop the appropriate supporting IT infrastructure and solutions
- Review and examine overall company goals and ensure that IT objectives are aligned accordingly.
- Work with senior staff, IT resources as well as other team members to determine business issues, objectives, perspectives and produce appropriate solutions
- Present findings and recommendations on existing environment and provide detailed feedback on system’s configurations, including but not limited to business applications, policies and procedures
- Provide the technical leadership and solutions vision for the organization, and play a hands on role in their implementation
- Be comfortable in directing staff in the solution development as well as participating in a hands on fashion as needed
- Gather and manage user feedback for iterative solution and system improvement
- Anticipate the need and build the appropriate IT team for the organization
- Mentor and develop staff
- Engage in other projects as assigned by the CEO
- 8+ years of experience in managing an IT development team, specializing in vb.net development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Strong ability to translate a business need into an executable development road map
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in using Agile development methodology
- Experience with ASP.NET Web applications development
- Deep understanding of advanced optimized SQL programming
- Deep understating and utilization of Version Control
- Deep understanding of SDLC
- Significant Cloud Infrastructure Experience
- Software architecture
- API engineering & RESTful Web Services
- DBA skills a plus (preferably MySQL)
- Big Data Experience a plus
- WebForms experience a big plus
- Familiarity with Bootstrap framework
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey technical information in a clear and unambiguous manner
- Domain experience in energy utility a plus
UtiliSave has been an industry leader in utility bill auditing and energy efficiency services for over two decades, and we are growing rapidly as we expand our business. We seek an experienced IT Project Manager to join our growing team. The Technical Business Strategy Manager will help define and create an online platform to help enhance and expand the current Utilisave lines or business.
Our clients are large organizations with significant energy and utility usage, such as hospitals, nursing homes, commercial and residential buildings, universities, hotels and government facilities. We are looking for candidate who can help build a platform that will help our clients to manage their energy utility expenditure more efficiently.
We are excited about this position. UtiliSave is a growing company with a strong track record and we have just launched a new bundle of services and products. This position will help Utilisave continue this growth momentum.