Manager/Sr. Manager, Member Engagement
USTA Programs & Services | Reston, VA | Full Time
Do you have a passion for tennis? Do you want to work at an innovative, nonprofit organization? Are you motivated to give back to communities through community partnerships and programs that positively service youth, teens, adults, and multi-generational families?
The United States Tennis Association Mid-Atlantic (USTA/MAS) Section is a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to promote and develop the sport of tennis throughout the Mid-Atlantic, including Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC and areas of West Virginia.
USTA Mid-Atlantic is looking for a Manager or Senior Manager of Member Engagement to help lead and implement strategic initiatives connected to our members and provider network.Reporting to the Senior Director, USTA Programs & Services and working in partnership with other departments this key member is responsible for growing the Net Generation network of schools, certified coaches, community tennis associations and other providers.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement innovative strategies for the growth and expansion of USTA’s youth brand – Net Generation to increase awareness amongst providers and consumers and result in increased participation in programs and services.
- Build and develop strong relationships with PE supervisors and key decision makers to expand Net Generation schools tennis in elementary, middle school and high school PE programs.
- Interface with Recreational Program leadership to ensure strong alignment of the Net Generation Schools Program and targeted after school programs in specific areas in the region.
- Manage strong partnerships and relationships within the tennis community including, parks and recreation departments, community tennis providers and youth tennis organizations.
- Collaborate with the Marketing/Communications Department to build brand visibility and work together as needed on appropriate marketing/communication measures.
- Oversee evaluation of Net Generation Schools programs and use data to inform programming decisions
- Be thoughtful in financial planning and metrics in relationship to schools programming and Net Generation and manage existing budget.
- Provide structured leadership, clear communication, and mentorship-expertise to one direct report and ensure all goals and responsibilities are met. Ensure resources are in line with increasing success and growth of organization.
- Manage, and when required, administer Net Generation School workshops.
- Attend, as needed, after school association conferences and state AHPERDS.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years of relevant work experience or five years’ experience in lieu of a degree
- Proven ability to expand and strengthen relationships with both individual and organizational members
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships and alliances with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of tennis required
- Public speaking experience preferred
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Word and Excel
- Experience managing and working with a budget
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals and projects
- Organize work to meet deadlines and work independently
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Compensation commensurate with experience. Bonus eligibility is determined annually.
- At times this position may require some weekend and evening work
- Travel Expenses: Normal and reasonable expenses will be reimbursed per USTA/MAS policy. Travel may be required for trainings, National meetings, and or section visits.