Operations | Reston, VA | Full Time
Interested in joining a small and growing Development Team? Want to help build from the ground up? Do you like to come to work knowing you are making a difference in the lives of children? The United States Tennis Association, Mid-Atlantic Section has a need for a Development Manager to join their team.
The Development Manager is responsible for the data integrity of all donor and constituent records, ensures that all cash gifts, stock donations, and pledges are accurately recorded in accordance with IRS requirements in the donor database and reconciled with the Financial Office, and ensures the timely and accurate stewardship of all gifts to USTA Mid-Atlantic. He/She manages the daily activities of the organization’s development programs and works in collaboration to the Marketing Department to plan and implement marketing programs and special events to maximize prospect/donor engagement. He/She will also assist in the development and maintenance of prospect portfolios to optimize fundraising opportunities.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Database Administration and Gift Processing
- Manages and maintains a comprehensive and accurate fundraising database.
- Manages all aspects of gift processing, including gift entry and stewardship activities in accordance with USTA MAS stewardship procedures and plans.
- Prepares all fundraising reports and evaluations according to organization’s reporting schedule
- Actively inform staff of fundraising activities and goals met to cultivate a culture of philanthropy in the organization.
- Communicates with Director of Development to ensure accurate processing of gifts and to ensure financial integrity and accuracy.
- Coordinates monthly employee payroll deductions and reconciles batches with Administrative Assistant to the Operations Department.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that the organization remains compliant with IRS guidelines as a registered 501c3.
- Ensures effective usage and adherence by staff and volunteers to all organizational fundraising policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assists in building the fundraising prospect pool through research and outreach to colleagues and volunteers.
- Assist in the implementation and management of cultivation events.
- Function as main liaison between prospects, donors and the organization.
- Assist with the development and execution of the comprehensive Development Plan on an annual basis, including initiatives and strategies
- Assist in the maintenance of the organizational shared e-filing system for Development Department so that all electronic files are accurately stored.
- Maintain paper filing system for all printed materials under the Development Department to ensure that documents are easily accessible when needed.
- Provide workshops, trainings and brownbag sessions on a quarterly basis to staff to ensure that all staff is consistent with fundraising messaging.
- Develops and manages the Development Department calendar to track all fundraising activities and events.
- Meet Section fundraising goals.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to forge strong working relationships. Must also demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Must demonstrate strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify, analyze problems and devise solutions. Strong analytical skills and the ability to think collaboratively, strategically and creatively.
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills. Must also be a motivated self-starter who takes initiative, anticipates challenges, and follows through. Strong project management skills are essential.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of work experience required.
- Experience managing a donor management database or CRM, Raiser’s Edge preferred.