Backend Developer, UserVoice.com, San Francisco
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Backend Developer, UserVoice.com, San Francisco, CA
UserVoice is looking for a talented developer who would own the deployment, scaling, and monitoring of our infrastructure.
- Deploy, scale, and monitor our infrastructure, including the health of the Rails processes, MySQL, memcached, Postfix, Redis, and MongoDB.
- Monitor and enhance performance
- Ensure our network is secure and incoming mail processing isn’t being overly spammed
- When the infrastructure is humming along nicely, you’ll jump right in start developing features in the application!
- Ruby on Rails
- Comfortable configuring and maintaining Rails apps, mysql installs, nginx web servers
- Shell scripting, Linux / Unix concepts, Ubuntu administration
- Average communication skills or better
If this is you, we look forward to working with you! Open source projects or public github repositories are a plus, as well as any other information that will help us get to know you more. We’d also like to know your favorite childhood cartoon (our job Turing test!).
Please check out http://uservoice.com/about/jobs before applying to learn more about us and why you think you'll like working here.