Retail Store Manager
Retail Sales | Chicago, IL | Full Time and Part Time
The Retail Store Manager will be responsible for all phases of running and maintaining ENJOY, AN URBAN GENERAL STORE including management of employees, development of a professional staff, merchandising and maintenance, customer service and inventory control. This management position will be flexible and responsive to evolving business objectives, with a quarterly assessment of the job description and responsibilities. We are an established company in a growing phase looking for a creative leader who enjoys working with a great team and fun customers. This position has room for growth and flexibility. If you are a self starter who loves seeing your ideas come to life, this is the job for you!
We are a bustling Lincoln Square Gift Store. We feature fun, functional and funky products for all ages. We are an Urban General Store™ with an ever-changing selection of over 10,000 items. We are open 7 days a week.
To achieve a store environment that fosters creativity and inspiration for the customers and the employees of ENJOY. To provide leadership, training and motivation to the employees. To ultimately increase sales through superior customer service, strengthening of the brand and education of the employees.
Areas of Responsibility Include:
DAILY STORE OPERATIONS
- Provide excellent customer service. Assist and advise customers.
- Demonstrate strong selling skills by working with customers on the sales floor.
- Handle and resolve escalated customer service issues.
- Become knowledgeable about products and establish relationships with vendors and reps in order to assist customers and educate staff.
- Develop creative selling and merchandising techniques.
Merchandising and Maintenance
- Work with owner and employees to merchandise, reset and maintain the store.
- Establish a merchandising plan to align with urbangeneralstore.com's marketing and promotional strategy.
- Maintain and organize stockroom and sales floor.
Staffing and Leadership
- Train, develop and coach a productive store team.
- Evaluate employee performance, set goals, provide constructive feedback and hold employees accountable for results.
- Set standard of excellent customer service on selling floor.
- Provide strong leadership by creating a positive work environment.
- Inspire, motivate and encourage teamwork.
- Supervise and schedule staff of up to 8.
- Work with owner to maintain inventory levels. This will include weekly reordering responsibilities.
- Work with employees to maintain an accurate inventory.
- Track and receive merchandise, prepare merchandise for warehouse transfer.
- Meet monthly with owner to analyze selling reports, establish necessary orders, go over staffing issues, and set sales goals.
- Use historical reports and current trends to make appropriate business adaptations that result in increased sales and service.
- Perform administrative duties such as bookkeeping.
- 5 years of retail experience and 3 years of management experience.
- Weekend availability.
- Ability to problem solve and suggest/make improvements in a positive way.
The right candidate will be self motivated, goal-oriented, possess a strong work ethic and have excellent interpersonal skills. We are looking for smart, fun, unflappable people who enjoy working in a friendly and fast-paced environment as part of a small retail team.