Retail Sales Lead-Andersonville
Retail Sales | Chicago, IL | Part Time
The Retail Sales Lead will be responsible for creating an overall positive customer service environment. The ability to engage with customers in order to deliver an excellent service experience is key. Responsibilities include providing excellent service through meaningful interactions with customers, understanding customer needs to ensure they find the right product, create a fun environment for the customer, providing a quick and accurate check out process, operational aspects of service to include ensuring need cash wrap supplies are available, store is neat and clean, and opening and closing of the location.
We are an established company in a growing phase looking for a creative leader who enjoys working with a great team and fun customers. This position has room for growth and flexibility. If you are a self starter who loves seeing your ideas come to life, this is the job for you!
We are a bustling Lincoln Square Gift Store, opening a new location in Andersonville. The open position is for our new store. We feature fun, functional and funky products for all ages. We are an Urban General Store™ with an ever-changing selection of over 10,000 items. We are open 7 days a week.
To achieve a store environment that fosters creativity and inspiration for the customers and the employees of ENJOY. To provide leadership, training and motivation to the employees. To ultimately increase sales through superior customer service, strengthening of the brand and education of the employees.
Areas of Responsibility Include:
DAILY STORE OPERATIONS
- Provide excellent customer service. Assist and advise customers.
- Demonstrate strong selling skills by working with customers on the sales floor.
- Handle and resolve escalated customer service issues.
- Become knowledgeable about products and establish relationships with vendors and reps in order to assist customers and educate staff.
- Develop creative selling and merchandising techniques.
Merchandising and Maintenance
- Work with owner and employees to merchandise, reset and maintain the store.
- Establish a merchandising plan to align with urbangeneralstore.com's marketing and promotional strategy.
- Maintain and organize stockroom and sales floor.
- 2 years of retail experience, leadership a plus.
- Weekend availability.
- Ability to problem solve and suggest/make improvements in a positive way.
The right candidate will be self motivated, goal-oriented, possess a strong work ethic and have excellent interpersonal skills. We are looking for smart, fun, unflappable people who enjoy working in a friendly and fast-paced environment as part of a small retail team.