Engineering | Portland, OR | Full Time
Hiring for positions in San Francisco, CA and Portland, OR.
Are you interested in social side of engineering? Do you like working across a diverse set of technologies to achieve direct results? Do you enjoy having your finger on the pulse of the future of the business, and want to work to see that future realized?
On the technical side, the Partner Engineering team at Urban Airship is a cross-functional team whose primary mission is to enable the success of our partner relationships. We are involved in the implementation of new features that are specific to a particular partner's needs. We also have a deep interest in the quality of our APIs and documentation, which are the window to our products for developers. We work across all of the functional areas of Urban Airship, so you can find us coding in Python and Java for back-end services or writing plugins and frameworks for iOS, Android, and Windows clients.
On the social side, we are interested in engineers who are interested in exploring or have experience with the business side of the company. You may be involved with early-stage partnership discussions, opening possibilities for future development. There is an evangelist component to this role, we need to be able to describe what is possible with the Urban Airship platform, but also its limits. In this role you explore the needs of our partner's customers, and are exposed to a wide array of use cases. This gives us key insights into the future of what Urban Airship could become.
- Develop solutions designed to integrate Urban Airship’s platform with partner applications for customer use.
- Ensure successful launch of partner solutions and provide support for any launch issues.
- Work closely with Urban Airship product and core engineering teams to drive new features into the core platform.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree highly preferred, equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Development/programming background, specifically working with integrations.
- Experience as an evanglelist partner engineer, solutions engineer, application engineer, or integration consultant.
- Experience executing to deadlines in a Lean / Agile environment.
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Desired technology experience: HTML, JSON, Python, Java, REST, messaging systems, databases (Cassandra, PostgreSQL, HBase).
- Bonus: experience with authentication technologies (OAuth, OpenID, SAML, JWT, etc.).
- Bonus: experience developing mobile applications (Android, iOS, WP7, Blackberry, PhoneGap, Cordova, HTML5).