Marketing and Operations Internship
Product Management / Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Internship
UpOut is a discriminating guide to the best weird parties, underground culture and unique happenings in your city. Our mission is to help make that epic night out, perfect first date or relaxing afternoon amazing.
We are a small tight knit team located in the heart of SoMA, San Francisco. Our environment is focused but we have loads of fun (after all, it's what we do). If you're passionate about helping people have fun, want to learn a lot and get in early at a growing startup, UpOut is a place where you'll thrive!
What You'll Be Doing
UpOut helps thousands of people find amazing first dates, off-the-wall parties, unique adventures and the perfect lazy Sunday afternoon.
As an intern, you'll be working across our marketing and operations teams communicating to our clients, supporting our Account Executives, leveraging social channels, and scaling UpOut. This is a great way to get hands-on experience and learn key insights into the world of startups. Not only will you be challenged in your organizational skills, but you'll also learn how to use tools that will be useful in your future ventures. Examples include Google Analytics, Drive, Close.io (CRM), and Asana.
You will also play a role in helping UpOut throw awesome events. Things we have lined up include: Sloshball at Golden Gate Park, Beer Olympics, Mixology Classes, and more!
**Note: this is an unpaid internship**
What're we looking for?
- Zen-Like Focus - When the going gets tough, you don't mind hunkering down and getting the job done
- Social Butterfly - You are at home interacting with people at events, including the Joe Schmoe sitting there by himself
- Attention to detail - You don't let important details slip through the cracks and if mistakes do happen, you know how to properly correct them so they don't happen again
- Empathetic - A great listener who really knows how to understand our clients concerns and issues
- Idea Giver - Have good ideas to increase awareness
- Availability- At least 30-36 hrs a week at UpOut HQ
- You're familiar with the SF scene (popular events, bars, restaurants, hangouts)
- You've worked previously in a customer facing position
- Insiders Membership - including free events
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
- Killer experience at a growing startup
- College credit (if you're a student)
- Free swag