Web Graphic Designer
Marketing | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on it’s head. By 2021, many project the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
As a Web Graphic Designer at Upchain, you’ll be responsible for developing, managing and demonstrating expertise in traditional and digital design, online design projects, web development, and ensuring designs are in line with brand guidelines across various channels, devices and platforms. A successful Web Graphic Designer has a thorough understanding of web design practices and should keep up with trends in marketing, including social engagement strategies.
Web Graphic Designer Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce and design websites, landing pages, product graphics, social media graphics, banner ads, email campaigns and email templates
- Ensure website functionality and perform software updates
- Monitor, assess, and report on website performance
- Ensure domain registration and hosting are current
- Develop and/or update web content
- Handle online marketing projects ranging from SEO to social media marketing
- Ability to manage projects & processes.
- Partner with internal and external content managers, editors, designers, and developers to ensure sites meet both client and Upchain needs, aligned with corporate brand strategy
- Fluent in development optimization techniques to deliver the best user experiences in the most technically efficient manner
Web Graphic Designer Qualifications & Skills
Our Web Graphic Designer should possess fantastic interpersonal skills and be a strong leader. They need to be highly organized and have experience directly managing web projects. They should also be excellent communicators both orally and in writing. In addition to communication skills, we look for the following skills in a strong Web Graphic Designer:
- Proven experience as a Web Graphic Designer
- BA or MFA Digital Media, Interaction Design, or related degree
- Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver or equiv.
- W3C Web standards, WAI, ADA & Sections 508 and 504 compliance
- Preferred-XML, AJAX, RSS, PHP, ASP, SQLserver, ActionScript, Flash rich internet applications