Vice President, Marketing
Marketing | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on it’s head. By 2021, many project the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have our Series A funding, the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
Our VP Marketing will be responsible for the marketing vision and strategy. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with a passion for the job, able to employ unique marketing techniques. He/She will be a skilled marketing strategist and able to drive creativity and enthusiasm in others. The goal is to increase the company’s market share and maximize revenues in order to thrive against competitors. You will work closely with our executive staff to create and implement comprehensive policies and programs related to corporate marketing, communications and advertising.
VP, Marketing Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops marketing vision and strategy
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s business activities
- Manages marketing team/functions, timelines, and brand
- Responsible for setting team goals and metrics
- Monitor progress and submit performance reports on inbound leads, pipeline/opportunities, conversion funnel
- Responsible for producing valuable content for the company’s online presence, editorial design and organizing the company’s publications
- Conduct general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements
- Control budgets and allocate resources amongst projects
- Become the organization’s agent towards external parties such as media, stakeholders and potential clients and build strategic partnerships
Director of Marketing Qualifications & Skills
Our VP, Marketing should possess fantastic interpersonal skills and be a strong leader. They need to be highly organized and have experience directing others. They should also be excellent communicators both orally and in writing. In addition to communication skills, we look for the following skills in a strong VP, Marketing:
- Proven experience as a VP, Marketing in a high-growth startup setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Exquisite communication and interpersonal skills
- Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices
- Account Based Marketing strategies and tactics to drive targeted pipeline generation
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.) and Google Adwords
- Customer-oriented approach with aptitude
- Knowledge of customer service practices
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn software programs is a plus.