Engineering | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on its head. By 2021, many projects the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
The Upchain UI/UX Architect is responsible for collaboration with users, designers, frontend developers and product managers to develop interfaces that excel the users’ experience. The architect will develop conceptual models, wireframes, workflows and storyboards based on users’ personas. Validation of the designs will through direct interaction of all stake holders including the end users. As part of our Architecture team, you will collaborate closely with other members of the Engineering and Product Management teams in order to address UI related issues and new functional improvements.
UX/UI Architect Responsibilities:
- Lead the UI Design and work collaboratively with all stake holders
- Maintain design style guide and accountable for Frontend developers’ UI implementation guidance
- Utilize wireframe and prototyping tools such as InVision for conveying early designs
- Create intuitive persona based workflow and UI navigation with number of clicks minimization
- UI consistency across the applications and utilization of HTML/CSS
- Design GUI elements across the application which include menus, tabs, widgets
- Collaboration with Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development lifecycle
- Establishment of best practices in UI design with reusable templates, components and designs
- Providing technical support for UX field issues when needed
UX/UI Architect Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's / Master’s Degree in Computer Science preferably in HCI or related field
- Over 5 years’ experience in user interface and interaction design
- Over 5 years’ experience for Web application and nice to have Mobile experience
- Over 3 years’ experience in HTML and CSS