Engineering | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on it’s head. By 2021, many project the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
To do this we need the help of an experienced UX lead who has proven experience. You’ll work with other talented team members to build our enterprise and cloud service that allows our customers to build their products at a global scale.
We are a well funded startup with a fun work culture that thrives on working with other smart and motivated people.
UX Lead Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Create and manage product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for our product
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Present ideas to stakeholders such as customers, engineering and executives
- Work closely with product management to keep UX and product strategy ahead of development
UX Lead Qualifications & Skills:
- Proven experience in UX design. Ideally in enterprise applications
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Ideally you would also have experience with: