SaaS Operations Director
Engineering | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on its head. By 2021, many projects the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
The Upchain Operations Director leads the Hosting Operations of our Azure SaaS cloud offering. The Director is an expert in 24x7 operations with high performing and scaling systems that meet a high degree of uptime. An expert in all facets of cloud hosting operations which including DR and a thorough understanding and experience in managing critical situations with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, internal stake holders and dependent vendors. A believer and practiced leader in continuous integration and continuous development with automated deployment in an Agile SDLC.
Operations Director Responsibilities:
- Overall technical strategy and execution of Hosting Operations
- Ensure compliance with best Security practices and constantly assess potential vulnerabilities
- Define, establish and deploy the DR strategy and RPO/RTO metrics
- Optimization of operations cost across vendors and service providers
- Work with Engineering and DevOps on CICD and automated deployment
- SaaS operations’ compliance such as SOC 2 certification
- Establish playbook for issue and incident management escalation
- Provide protection and availability of customer data with defined retention policies
- Adhere to agree upon customers’ SLA
- Manage operations plans, staffing, budget and execution
- Azure cloud technical solutions and business models
- Collaboration with Engineering and Product Management on release deployment plans
- Establish automated monitoring tools to track systems’ health, uptime and outages
Operations Director Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in computer science/engineering or related field
- Over 15 years’ experience in software development
- Over 10 years’ experience in Hosting Operations with at least 5 years with Azure or AWS
- Over 3 years’ experience with CICD