Quality and Test Framework Manager
Engineering | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on its head. By 2021, many projects the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
The Upchain Quality Manager leads the Quality and Test Framework (QTF) organization that provides test automation guidance and quality metrics to the Scrum teams in an Agile SDLC. The QTF function defines operational quality metrics, monitor progress and assist in improvements where needed. The manager oversees the delivery and maintenance of automated scenarios and frameworks based on industry best practices. As part of our development leadership team, you will collaborate closely with other members of the Engineering and Product Management teams in order to ensure on quality targets are met and we achieve a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Software Quality & Test Framework Manager Responsibilities:
- A strong leader in implementing and shaping the company’s QA process and strategy
- Leads all software quality initiative in an Agile SDLC
- Ensure the Scrum teams adhere to defined QA strategy, principles and best practices
- Define Quality metrics, its monitoring and improvements which includes internal/external defects, automated test cases, test coverage and release deliverables
- Establish consistent automated test and management tools, frameworks, and process
- Establish goals and monitor test automation improvements
- Provide guidance to the Engineering teams on problematic areas including cyclomatic complexity
- Provide source code profiling to improve/optimize code path where needed
- Establish performance and load benchmark and monitor its compliance
- Work directly with the QA analysts in the execution of Sprints to build continuous automated tests
- Work directly with developers in the execution of Sprints to build up unit testing
- Providing technical support for field issues when needed
Software Quality and Test Framework Manager Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Over 5 years’ experience in software development quality management system
- Over 5 years’ experience in test automation tools such as Selenium
- Over 5 years’ experience in test case management and continuous automated test
- Over 5 years’ experience in Quality KPIs and customer success metrics