Engineering | Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the UpchainXLM team!
At UpchainXLM, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on it’s head. By 2021, many project the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
To do this we need the help of a QA Manager who has proven experience. You’ll work with other talented team members to build our enterprise and cloud service that allows our customers to build their products at a global scale.
We are a well funded startup with a fun work culture that thrives on working with other smart and motivated people.
QA Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support multiple Scrum delivery teams with estimation, planning, and strategy for testing Web and Mobile applications
- Establish and grow automated testing frameworks for UI and API test automation, and grow test coverage
- Execute manual test cases and work with the team and project managers to transition these to automated tests over time
- Establish quality metrics for our products and development process. Track and coach the team to meet or exceed these goals.
- Advocate for QA best practices across engineering, and establish light-weight checks and balances to prevent regressions and production issues
- Mentor more junior members of the team in testing and engineering best practices
- Organize and lead special initiatives as a member of the engineering leadership team, to improve process, investigate and qualify tools, develop test frameworks or techniques to benefit future projects
- Perform test lead duties including: stakeholder discussions, test strategy formation, team member mentoring, status reporting
- As a manager, monitoring team performance, recruit and mentor QA team members, and liaise between cross-functional teams.
- Manage both direct and matrix resources
QA Manager Qualifications & Skills:
- At least 8 years of related technical experience in software testing and/or software development.
- Highly motivated, organized, and able to support multiple delivery teams with various needs
- Experience in delivering web software
- Significant experience with UI and API automation frameworks such as: selenium, cucumber, appium, soapui, or other
- Experience with Agile
- Experience with DevOps CI / CD
- Experience creating scalability test using tools such as Jmeter or other.
- Scripting skills with one or more languages such as: Python, Ruby or other
- Proper development workflow including code reviews, automated builds, bug tracking
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Process mindset and able to develop and improve process in order to support quality releases
Ideally you would also have experience with:
- Cloud stack experience (AWS, GCP, Azure)