Engineering | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on its head. By 2021, many projects the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
The Upchain Product Manager is a product evangelist that drives our roadmap and awareness of the product solution to business problems. The internal voice of the customers with the responsibility of maintaining and managing the strategic direction of the product. The Product Manager (PM) works with stake holders in defining the requirements and the product roadmap. The PM constantly communicates with customers, prospects, analysts, senior management, sales and marketing. The thought leader with domain knowledge, a superb communicator and collaborator with Sales, Marketing, Product Owners, Engineers and QA in an Agile SDLC.
Product Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of product releases including the plan and execution of go to market activities
- Domain and subject matter experience in PLM
- Promote and present at market events such as conferences, analyst briefing, tradeshows, etc.
- Determine the requirements from the desires of the customers and market needs
- Owner of the product roadmap and maintain a prioritized groomed backlog of features
- Perform market research and develop a comprehensive understanding of the issues and opportunities
- Assess market competition and competitors' products and trends
- Decipher high-level requirements from customers and conduct requirements validation through Customers’ meetings and Advisory Council/Board
- Build a strong partnership with all stake holders including Engineering, Sales and Marketing
- Help focus the Scrum Development teams on high impactful customer features and unblock contentions on priorities
- Participate in Scrum events/ceremonies and collaborate with Product Owners on defining epics/stories
- Define and monitor product success metrics and assess post product release on the adoption and acceptance
- Work with Marketing and Sales on product pricing utilizing market research data
Product Manager Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Information Technology with Business Training
- Over 8 years’ experience in software development (Agile/Scrum experience will be an asset)
- Over 5 years’ experience in Product Management with proven successful product track record
- Over 3 years’ experience with defining Epics and Stories and participating in Scrum ceremonies
- Over 2 years’ working in PLM software development