Junior Java Developer
Engineering | Varazdin, Croatia | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the UpchainXLM team!
At UpchainXLM, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on it’s head. By 2021, many project the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
An UpchainXLM Junior Java Developer is responsible for building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade Java applications including: our UpchainXLM highly distributed web application and our UpchainXLM sophisticated desktop application. Your role will include coordinating and collaborating with the rest of the team working on all the different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential. Your role will involve managing Java application development while providing knowledge in the full software development lifecycle, from concept through to design, all the way to testing.
Junior Java Developer Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate user use cases and storyboards into functional applications
- Write Java code that is well designed, testable, and efficient
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Taking part in software and architectural development activities
Junior Java Developer Qualifications & Skills
- Proven hands on Java Development experience
- Bachelor's / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Deep understanding of Relational Databases (MSSQL, MYSQL) and Hibernate ORM
- Familiarity with Design Patters, Web Services and Object-Oriented Programming Technologies and Concepts
- Proficient understanding of industry standard IDE tools and technologies (Eclipse)
- Active knowledge of English