Information Development Leader
Engineering | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on its head. By 2021, many projects the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
The Upchain Information Development Leader will develop complete information for end users of a SasS based application. The Leader will be able to apply appropriate technical writing, editing, multimedia and visual design in user information. In addition to applying single sourcing strategy of product information for reuse across product, training, education, engineering, marketing and sales. As part of our leadership team, you will collaborate closely with other members of the Engineering and Product Management teams in order to ensure accurate and quality information/documents are created.
Information Development Leader Responsibilities:
- A strong leader in implementing technical information and addressing end users’ documentation
- Single sourcing and standardize content information for targeted consumers covering areas such as release notes, online help, how to, FAQ, training, references and user information.
- Establish documentation tools and translation infrastructure to support multi-language
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product Managers for organizing and writing supporting products’ documentation
- Work with Engineers and Product Managers to make the product easier to use with less documentation
- Gather usability input and provide a feedback loop to Engineers and Product Managers
- Detailed oriented to document precise and useful instructions to end users
- Work in an Agile SDLC with sprint based deliverables
- Document version management and release updates
Information Development Leader Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's / Master’s Degree in Journalism, English, Communication or related field
- Over 5 years’ experience in technical writing within a software development organization
- Over 3 years’ experience in managing single sourcing content and management systems
- Computer Science and Web design experience would be a nice to have