Full Stack Developer
Engineering | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on it’s head. By 2021, many project the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
To do this we need the help of experienced full stack developers who are dedicated, versatile, methodical and able to do this without a lot of direction. You’ll work with other talented team members to build our enterprise and cloud service that allows our customers to build their products at a global scale.
We are a well funded startup with a fun work culture that thrives on working with other smart and motivated people.
Full Stack Developer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect new features and get feedback from the team while documenting this so that others can understand
- Plan and break down large features into itemized tasks working with the management team to schedule them
- Develop features along the full stack (backend, database schema, front end, deployment) in an iterative fashion with our scrum based process.
- Write unit and integration tests for new and old features
- Design and develop load tests for the system
- Identify problems in the product and ways it can be improved
- Help other team members through mentoring, code reviews, and design reviews
- Work with DevOps and other staff to get changes into production in a way that can be easily managed
- Debug application issues in all environments including production
Full Stack Developer Qualification & Skills:
- UNIX command line experience
- All aspects of web applications including REST APIs, database models, user front ends
- Unit testing and a commitment to quality
- Initiative to work autonomously
- Proper development workflow including code reviews, automated builds, bug tracking
- Experience debugging full stack systems including performance issues
- Designing features and helping to plan the tasks to build it
Ideally you would also have experience with:
- Go, NodeJS, Java OR the desire to learn these quickly
- GWT, AngularJS OR the desire to learn these quickly
- Server management experience (DevOps or IT Admin)
- Other database experience is an asset: Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Cloud stack experience (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Writing documentation for APIs
- Database query optimization and profiling
- Setting up all aspects of a development environment including build server, code style, listing, etc.