Engineering | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on it’s head. By 2021, many project the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
The DevOps engineer is experienced in providing solutions to attain a continuous integration and continuous deployment model for UpChain’s SaaS on AWS. The individual works with other talented team members to build our enterprise cloud service that allows our customers to be serviced 24x7 with minimum disruption.
DevOps Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applying new technologies and related tools to the company in order to grow the agile development environment to a CI/CD sustaining level.
- Applying tools to streamline builds, tests and deployments which may include Maven, Teraform, Jenkins/Bamboo, Kubernetes, Docker and AWS Code Pipeline.
- Providing direct server/system support during various operations such as deployment and general production
- Collaborating with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Works with Security Specialist on static and dynamic scans and penn test to secure deployment
- Works with members of QA and Development for automated regression testing and failure notification
- Ability to write custom codes such as scripts and Java where needed for process automation
- Automating deployment of the applications, system configurations and security settings
- Works with AWS and transition plan from existing hosting and installed products
- Assist in defining system monitoring tools across the application, systems and network
- Assist in defining operations KPIs such as performance and quality, and track feedback from hosting operations with real time views
- Prioritizing requests from operations, development and product teams fairly while considering impact to the customers.
- Availability for being on call to address production issues and ensure readiness are checked for maintenance/release uploads
- Manage/Monitor Cloud Service and s/w costs to ensure they stay within budget as well as find ways to be more efficient
DevOps Engineer Qualification & Skills:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in computer science/engineering or related field
- Over 5 years’ experience in software development
- Over 2 years’ experience in DevOps working in a CI/CD environment
- Over 2 years with scripting and CLI within Linux/Windows
- Over 1 year working with AWS and monitoring tools such as Cloudwatch, DataDog, Newrelic
- Over 3 years’ experience with CICD