Engineering | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on it’s head. By 2021, many project the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
To do this we need the help of experienced DevOps engineers who are dedicated, versatile, methodical and able to do this without a lot of direction. You’ll work with other talented team members to build our enterprise and cloud service that allows our customers to build their products at a global scale.
We are a well funded startup with a fun work culture that thrives on working with other smart and motivated people.
DevOps Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the developers through the entire development process from architecture to production to ensure that our velocity is high and our quality isn’t compromised
- Manage all aspects of our cloud service including servers, storage, scaling
- Secure our service and use leading tools to help monitor it
- Automate monitoring of our service from dashboards to changing application code to provide the metrics. Use these metrics to provide real time views of how our performance and quality are doing
- Be on call for issues if they arise so they can be fixed promptly if automation can’t take care of it
- Create and maintain a continuous build and continuous deployment pipeline
- Manage server infrastructure costs to ensure they stay within budget as well as find ways to be more efficient
DevOps Engineer Qualifications & Skills:
- UNIX command line experience and automating this through tools such as scripts, ansible, chef, makefiles etc
- Monitoring servers and modifying applications to make them easy to monitor as well as achieve the desired quality
- Cloud stack experience (AWS, GCP, Azure). This includes using their console, command line tools and automating all aspects of the stack
- SQL and database management
- All aspects of web applications including REST APIs, database models, user front ends
- Unit testing and a commitment to quality
- Initiative to work autonomously
- Proper development workflow including code reviews, automated builds, bug tracking
- Experience debugging full stack systems including performance issues
- Designing features and helping to plan the tasks to build it
- Setting up automated builds and automated deployments
- Using monitoring tools such as DataDog, CloudWatch etc
Ideally you would also have experience with:
- Go, NodeJS, Java OR the desire to learn these quickly
- GWT, AngularJS OR the desire to learn these quickly
- Scripting languages such as bash, python, Makefile, etc.
- Other database experience is an asset: Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Database query optimization and profiling