Engineering | Varazdin, Croatia | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on it’s head. By 2021, many project the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
An Upchain Database Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining databases (by following specific coding standards) across the organization to help users retrieve data effectively. As part of our team, you will collaborate closely with other members of the development team in order to give and receive feedback, and to develop the best solutions and procedures for the business.
We are a well-funded startup with a fun work culture that thrives on working with other smart and motivated people.
Database Developer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Editing and modifying databases according to requests
- Write SQL database queries and stored procedures
- Database optimization and tuning
- Work with developers throughout the software development lifecycle
- Providing technical support when needed
Database Developer Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- VŠS or VSS comprehensive foundation in both technical and informatics knowledge
- Minimum two years of experience in a database developing role
- Practical experience in writing queries and stored procedures
- Good understanding of relational database models and design
- Experience of using Microsoft SQl and MySQL
- Advanced knowledge/experience of SQL-a
- Practical experience with replication and high availability groups
- Practical experience in database creation, slow query detection and optimization
- Comprehensive knowledge of Java
- Strong ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple large evolving projects simultaneously within deadlines
- Active knowledge of the English language