Engineering | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the Upchain team!
At Upchain, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on its head. By 2021, many projects the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
The Upchain Database Architect is responsible for modeling, designing, implementing and maintaining relational databases across our product suite. As part of our Architecture team, you will collaborate closely with other members of the Engineering and Product Management teams in order to address issues and new functional improvements.
Database Architect Responsibilities:
- Lead the Design & Implementation of relational database models to support SaaS multi-tenant and multi-lingual enterprise applications
- Data modeling and Dictionary Management
- Review and approve schema changes
- Performance Optimization and tuning of SQL queries and ORM robustness
- Collaboration with developers throughout the software development lifecycle
- Establishment of best practices including checklists for efficient and effective deployment
- Providing technical support when needed
Database Architect Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Over 5 years’ experience in Database architecture, design and implementation
- Over 5 years’ experience with Data modeling, and use of production monitoring tools
- Over 3 years’ experience in multi-tenant SaaS environments
- Over 3 years’ experience with using Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- Experience in writing queries and stored procedures
- Experience with Database replication and high availability
- Experience in database optimization and configuration tuning