Marketing | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company? If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the UpchainXLM team!
At UpchainXLM, we are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on it’s head. By 2021, many project the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark! We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
An UpchainXLM Communications Manager will be responsible for conveying internal and external organizational messages. You will lead the development and implementation of effective marketing and communications plans and materials for various product and service offerings across UpchainXLM. The Communications Manager will be responsible for communicating key messages to defined target audiences to establish goodwill and understanding between the industry and its stakeholders. This is proactively achieved by generating positive coverage through effective communications channels.
Communications Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Write promotional materials, website content, articles, publications and other communication materials as required.
- Coordinate and maintain website and social media platforms.
- Develop and coordinate social media strategy
- Craft key messages for specific groups, initiatives or projects
- Develop and produce newsletters, press releases and fact sheets
- Organize new and innovative ways to communicate and engage community
- Promote ongoing community events
Communications Manager Qualifications & Skills
Our Communications Manager should possess fantastic interpersonal skills and be a strong leader. They need to be highly organized and have experience directing others. They should also be excellent communicators both orally and in writing. In addition to communication skills, we look for the following skills in a strong Communications Manager:
- BA/ BBA in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations. Master’s degree is priority
- Proven experience as a Communications Manager
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress, and other design and website development tools
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and editing tools
- Must possess an expert-level understanding of strategic marketing concepts and communications planning
- Proven ability to develop and execute marketing and communications plans to launch or promote products and services
- Expert written and verbal communications skills in print, display and electronic media
- Expert editorial experience in a business-to-business environment, authoring and editing content
- Excellent project manager with demonstrated ability to deliver complex projects on time and on budget
- Expert in developing digital marketing campaigns and leveraging the marketing mix through digital channels
- Strong understanding of the creative process, print production and distribution