Working Foreman (Intelligent Transportation Systems)
ITS | Mobile, AL | Full Time
Job Title: ITS Working Foreman
Job Status: Full Time, Employee
Location: Mobile, AL area to Lake City, FL or anywhere within a 50-60 mile radius from either area.
Uniti Fiber is a leading provider of broadband transport services across United States. Carriers and enterprises with high capacity demands select Uniti Fiber when they need the highest quality network services, combined with guaranteed flexibility and customer support to achieve their immediate and evolving growth initiatives.
ITS Working Foreman are responsible for supervising and coordinating the efforts of a crew of up to six employees as they construct/maintain Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). The crews may be made of a combination of other positions such as but not limited to; ITS Skilled Laborers, ITS Technician 1, ITS Technician 2, etc. This position may also be required to use a variety of hand tools such as but not limited to; shovels, post hole diggers, pick-axe, etc. They will also be required to operate equipment such as but not limited to; Bucket Truck, Auger Truck, Vibratory Plow, Directional Drill, Excavator, Forklift, Dump truck etc. This position as leader of the crew is also in charge of safe operations of the crew and accountability of the crew by ensuring that documents such as but not limited to; payroll, CDL logs, daily pay item logs, and project records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Install Devices such as but not limited to; Cameras, Vehicle Radar Detection Devices, Dynamic Message Signs, Ethernet Switches, etc.
- SInstall components such as but not limited to; Device Cabinets, Poles, Power Services, HDPE Duct, Conduit, Pull Boxes, Fiber Optic Cable, etc.
- Load material or equipment for transport from the shop to the jobsite and secure as appropriate.
- Assist in securing jobsite, equipment and materials at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials.
- Set up MOT as required by location, road conditions, and per DOT specs
- First responder during storms and emergency restoration
Work Experience and Requirements:
- Knowledge of locating fiber optic cable, identifying rights-of-way, and reading as-built documentation.
- Knowledge of installing and maintaining ITS devises and components.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships and close supervision with crew members.
- Ability to work well in teams and in a fast paced, changing environment.
- 10 Years or more experience Telecom, Electrical, Electronics and underground utility knowledge a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience operating the types of equipment listed above.
- Class A CDL REQUIRED (If not Currently Held, Shall be Obtained within 3 Month of Start Date, training and equipment provided for training)
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests
- Ability to travel frequently
- Ability to work out in the elements (heat, cold, rain, etc.), as well as heights and confined spaces