Operations & OSP | Jacksonville, FL | Full Time
Uniti Fiber Holdings Inc. ("Uniti") is searching for a Splicing Coordinator. The Splicing Coordinator coordinates all splicing activity throughout the network. The Splicing Coordinator must have the ability to understand engineering and create splicing drawings. This person must possess strong project management skills, knowledge of construction practices for cable splicing, and sufficient experience with computers to update drawings and have a background in Fiber Optic splicing documentation practices.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work with Engineers, Project Managers and/or Fiber Service Providers to coordinate splicing as directed.
- Develop standards and specifications for splice drawings and prepare drawing per the specifications.
- Serve as a resource to internal staff on matters concerning splicing practices and procedures.
- Develop splicing diagrams and designs to facilitate network architecture.
- Provide management with detailed reports of field splicing activity.
- Maintain fiber asset inventory and splicing records.
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Organize splicing as-builds files utilizing software packages for in-house fiber cable inventory and route designs.
- Communicate with Project Manager and Team Leader on workload status in order to meet designated goals.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision.
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills –both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
- Must have 2+ years of OSP Project Management or Splicing experience.
- Education Level: High School/Some College Preferred.
- Overnight and travel as required.
- Field of Study: Drafting, Electronics or Telecommunications.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members.
- Excellent skills in Outlook, Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and quickly changing work environmentwith strict deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, and walking.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds several times a day.
- Overhead lifting of over 20 pounds.
- Bending, stooping, climbing ladders and crawling.
- Long hours involving overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen, sampling device and/or a paper copy.