Sales & Technology | Jackson, MS | Full Time
Uniti Fiber Holdings Inc. ("Uniti") is searching for a Sales Engineer. Under the guidance of the Manager, Sales Engineering or Regional VP, the highly qualified and experienced Sales Engineer is responsible for working side by side with the Sales Teams as a technical subject matter expert (SME) to drive sales growth. The Sales Engineer’s role is a customer facing position and will require consultations with prospects, current Uniti Fiber customers, internal Engineering, and vendors to design quality, cost effective network solutions that meet the needs of our prospects and customers. The Sales Engineer is considered a SME for the Sales Teams and will need to understand their specific sales market, the Uniti Fiber network, and our products and services, as well as associated processes and systems needed to successfully develop customer solutions.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Support Sales teams on pre-sales activities by providing technical and network design solutions.
- Train Sales teams on all Uniti Fiber products and services.
- Communicate updates related to products and services, technical process changes, etc.
Collaborate and act as the primary liaison between the
Enterprise Sales teams and the other Uniti Fiber support teams including Operations, OSP Engineering, Network Engineering, Service Delivery, etc.
- Assist the Sales teams in thoroughly reviewing Salesforce opportunity records before they close to ensure that:
- All supporting product configuration documentation has been filled out appropriately and included in the record.
- All technical detail and descriptions are correct before submitting the opportunity to Service Delivery for implementation of a project.
- Assist in reviewing the detailed Network Build Cost analysis with the Sales Representatives to ensure the project is estimated correctly to meet the technical requirements of proposed solution.
- 50% Meeting with Sales Representatives and Customer Prospects
- 30% Technical Solution Review, Design, and Development
- 10% Liaison Activities-Working with Internal Teams to confirm and validate solutions
- 10%Post-Sales project kick off and consultation
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Business or IS, or equivalent experience in the industry
- A broad telecommunications skill set with experience in two or more of the following areas is desired; Sales Experience, Product Management/Planning, Network Engineering, Transport Engineering, Network Provisioning, Operations.
- The accuracy and integrity of the SE provided solution, and associated information is essential for the success in meeting the customer expectations.
- Further, assisting the Service Delivery Teams in implementing the projects- post sale.
- Excellent leadership skills are a must, as is the ability to help foster and close multiple sales opportunities with multiple Sales Representatives simultaneously, while performing job functions independently and with minimal management supervision.
- Strong analytical, communication, and customer presentation skills.
- The ability to create network topology diagrams is required.
- Understand and be comfortable discussing Environmental Requirements for placing fiber facilities and electronics on the customer premises.
- Understand layer 2 and layer 3 topologies, as well as Hosted VoIP, Unified Communications, SIP, PRI and analog based voice requirements.
- Strong understanding of IP networking and IP addressing as it pertains to the customer solutions and service.
- Possess a sound technical acumen to understand how Uniti Fiber’s suite of Managed Services can be sold to complement network opportunities.
- Demonstrating the capability to “Own it”. Taking a proactive stance to work in collaboration across the multiple sales and operational disciplines within Uniti Fiber.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, and walking.
- Sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting of objects up to 25 pounds, bending, and stooping
- Hours involving overtime and weekends as necessary
- Keyboarding, typing
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen, sampling device and/or a paper copy