Operations & OSP | Monroe, LA | Full Time
Uniti Fiber ("Uniti") is searching for a Radio Frequency Field Technician who will be responsible for travelling to customer sites and performing installations and configure all hardware required to meet network needs of the customer. This will often be physical labor performed outdoors and from heights.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Installing and wiring customers’ premises.
- Running and terminating out door cables.
- Working with customers to ensure all their network needs are met.
- Explaining all services and equipment operation to customers.
- Cat 5/6 termination.
- Pulling, terminating, and testing voice/data cabling.
- Drilling into buildings.
- Antenna alignment.
- Climbing onto roofs for installations.
- Operating a man lift and small equipment.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Uniti including strict adherence to safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience or knowledge in computer science or related field.
- 1-2 years’ minimum work experience with wireless and basic networking equipment.
- Experience working in the telecommunications industry is preferred.
- Must be able to work primarily outside in all-weather conditions.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written).
- Experience pulling, terminating, and testing voice/data cabling.
- Experience with drilling into buildings.
- Basic PC knowledge and PC understanding TCP/IP.
- Able to read a compass.
- Strong customer service skills with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity.
- Must be able to travel out of town usually within a 3-hour drive of Monroe.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must be able to tow and back up a trailer.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Able to operate a man lift and small equipment.
- Must not be afraid of heights as you will be required to work on ladders, roofs, and other areas of buildings in order to get the best performance.
- Must be able to commence work at 7:00AM.