Regional Vice President of Sales - Gulf Coast Region
Corporate | Mobile, AL | Full Time
Uniti Fiber is a leading provider of infrastructure solutions, including cell site backhaul and small cell for wireless operators, and Ethernet, Wavelengths and Dark Fiber for telecom carriers and enterprises. Whether the challenge is improving network reach and quality, increasing capacity or maintaining cost certainty for the future, Uniti Fiber delivers a custom-designed, technology-agnostic and access-agnostic solution.
Uniti Fiber is the fiber infrastructure segment of Uniti, a publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). Uniti’s common stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol: UNIT.
Position Title: Regional Vice President of Sales
Location: Mobile, AL – May be able to work partial remote from Gulf Coast State; TX, LA, AL, FL
Uniti Fiber Holdings Inc. ("Uniti") is searching a Regional Vice President of Sales – Gulf Coast region.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop a professional sales culture and focus on team success.
- Recruit, hire, develop and manage a sales team assigned to specific accounts.
- Develop strategic plans and tactical activities and reporting procedures.
- Determine, review and/or approve pricing solutions recommended by teams.
- Modify pricing strategy and schedules relative to changes in the marketplace.
- Engage with other departments in business processes and solutions.
- Monitor weekly and monthly performance relative to expectations.
- Conduct personnel reviews and provide career coaching.
- Approve and coordinate sales accounts and territory assignments.
- Ensure that relationships with customers, business partners and co-workers are positive and professional.
- Train team regarding sales tools and processes as well as sales techniques, sales activity account planning & management and proposal development.
- Lead sales team meetings to communicate progress toward sales targets.
- Communicate customer concerns, sales opportunities, implementations and related issues within the sales team and across related departments.
- Participate in key customer meetings and calls with account managers.
- Contribute to overall strategic sales and marketing plan.
- Manage the compensation plan and set objectives consistent with company goals.
- Represent Southern Light in the industry and community organizations.
- Organize and participate in professional development and training sessions.
- Manage large customer Data Base.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
- 10 plus years of sales experience.
- Minimum of 10 plus years in managing greater than 20 direct reports across multiple geographic locations.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- 10 plus years Sales Experience in traditional Voice and VOIP.
- Direct Customer Service.
- Experience with Broadsoft and Broadworks feature server (preferred).
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral, written, time management and presentation skills.
- Strong competency with Salesforce (or equiv.), Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, balancing internal and external stakeholders.
- 5+ years in the telecommunications industry.
- 3+ years in sales management role, preferably within telecommunications.
- Experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Proven track record of building a sales organization in new and established markets.
- Current and in-depth knowledge of marketplace, new technologies and competition.
- Committed to excellence with a high level of motivation, energy, effort and initiative.
- Organized, responsible, and dependable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to promote accountability and demonstrate business acumen.