Outside Plant Engineer
Operations & OSP | Tampa, FL | Full Time
Uniti Fiber. ("Uniti") is searching for an Outside Plant Engineer who will design ROW fiber optic routes for optimal fiber network business expansion.
Title: Outside Plant Engineer
Location: Tampa, FL
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Hand drawing/ GPS engineering ROW routes to submit to CAD.
• Revising engineered plans for permitting and construction needs.
• Managing emails and prioritizing everyday responsibilities.
• Locating existing network.
• Building/maintaining permitting entity relationships.
• Responsible for responding to fiber cuts and On-Call duties.
• Communicating with permitting officials and contractors regarding engineered plans.
• Determining most beneficial ROW route based on industry/futureproof knowledge.
• Other duties as assigned.
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Bachelor's Degree (Engineering or Construction Management) or 2+ years of relevant job experience (Job experience in similar industry).
• Job experience with similar essential duties.
• Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
• Ability to multitask efficiently.
• Ability to prioritize with good organizational and time management skills.
• A valid driver's license with a current satisfactory driving record.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Capability to intermittently travel.