Outside Plant Engineer
Operations & OSP | Montgomery, AL | Full Time
Uniti Fiber is searching for a Outside Plant Engineer who will be responsible for right-of-way data collection and design of Uniti Fiber’s physical fiber plant. The technical aspect of the role includes using specialist knowledge to design and deliver solutions, as well as, providing technical guidance to others within, and subcontracted by, Uniti Fiber.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out detailed surveys while focusing on long-term strategic goals.
- Understand and application of electrical codes, regulations, and laws.
- Traveling to collect field data and engineer potential construction routes.
- Understanding and implementing in-field designs that meet customer needs, long-term Uniti Fiber strategic goals and conform to all applicable governing regulatory bodies.
- Negotiating construction techniques and detailed project requirements.
- Effectively communicating with governing regulatory bodies and permitting personnel.
- Providing technical guidance to colleagues and other teams.
- Finding creative solutions to the challenges of route selection, network design, and right of way issues.
- Testing theoretical designs.
- Serve as liaison with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
- Communication Proficiency.
- Computer Skills
(Mapping, MS Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Technical capacity.
- Organizational skills.
- Customer/Client focus.
- Decision making.
- Ethical conduct.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, and walking.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds several times a day.
- Overhead lifting of over 20 pounds.
- Bending, stooping, climbing ladders and crawling.
- Long hours involving overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen, sampling device and/or a paper copy